Sunday, April 5, 2009
Would you just listen
and please don't say a word, just yet,
I'd like you to think back
to the very first time we met,
How you felt around me?
The memories we shared,
And just remember that once upon a time,
you really cared.
Now think about how we parted,
and how much I cried,
But please don't speak,
remember that I never ever lied,
That I told you the honest truth
about why we were to split,
But now I'd like you to know
that my heart broke bit by bit.
The pain was deep, unbearable && painful, for so many months,
I'll never forget all the sadness,
all the uncontrollable tears,
Slowly I am rebuilding my life,
I am content with what I've got,
&& although it is hard I am beginning to forget
what I have not.
You were a special part of my life
that I will never forget,
A part of my life that broke my heart,
but that I don't regret,
You gave me some happy memories
that I'll keep in my heart,
Altho sometimes I wish that you & I didn't have to part.
You were my first love and my true love,
that will always be so,
After all of the heartache,
sadness and never ending pain, I know,
You & I had something special & that will never change,
'Cause I love you & loving someone else will always seem strange.
Would you just listen
&& please don't say a word, not ever,
I'd like you to remember
that once upon a time, we said forever,
That I had hopes and dreams,
that I was the one who threw them away,
& this is something I will always regret until my dying day.
8:42 AM